The Turks & Caicos Islands (TCI) are located approximately 575 miles south-east of Miami, Florida at the southern end of the Bahamas chain. The TCI are a British Overseas Territory, with a legal and judicial system based on English common law. The population of the Islands is estimated to be 30,000 of whom about 25,000 live on Providenciales, the TCI’s commercial and tourist centre.
The Turks and Caicos Islands consists of over 40 different islands, 6 inhabited islands and 2 privately developed islands; Parrot Cay and Pine Cay. Several other private Islands are under development, including Ambergris Cay and West Caicos.
The Turks and Caicos islands attract buyers from around the world drawn to the wonderful lifestyle the islands offer, the easy accessibility, favourable taxation and stable political environment.
There are many reasons why properties on Grace Bay Beach are coveted for investment reasons:
- Grace Bay Beach is consistently rated in the world’s top-10 by Condé Nast.
- Year-round average temperatures average between 80 °F and 90 °F (or 27 °C and 32 °C).
- 350 average days of sunshine annually
- Top two fine dining restaurants all within a 5–10 minute walking distance from Villa del Mar (Anacaona Restaurant, Coyaba Restaurant, and Coco Bistro)
- All the water sports one would expect including world-renowned scuba diving and snorkelling.
- A variety of assorted of activities including golf, tennis, equestrian, spas.
- Casino within 5–10 minutes walking distance from Villa del Mar.
- Walking distance to shopping plazas and proximity to all activities.
Villa del Mar is a small, intimate resort comprising just 42 suites set in lush, tropical landscaped grounds. In true Caribbean fashion, the properties are ideal for outdoor living, with patios, balconies and terraces for eating, reading, star-gazing and quiet contemplation. Each property features full-height windows that enhance light, views and the feeling of space.
- Bath amenities
- In-room coffee facilities featuring fresh roasted Villa del Mar Island Coffee provisions
- Wireless internet access
- Cable TV with DVD player
- Iron and ironing board
- Clock radio
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Nightly turndown services (upon request)
- In-suite safe
- Washer and dryer
- Heated beach-entry sun lounge pool, hot tub, lush tropical garden and Tiki Hut entertaining area.
- Nine-foot ceilings, travertine floor tiles and mahogany entry doors.
- Deluxe bathrooms with separate showers and Kohler faucets.
- Wired for today’s lifestyle.
- Professionally decorated and fully furnished upscale modern suites.
- Water is supplied from Provo Water.
- Electricity will be provided by a Provo Energy, with backup generator located on-site.
- Villa del Mar Bay operates a central sewage treatment plant.
Property Management and Rentals
Taxation & Other Costs
- Stamp duty of 6.5% to 9.75 % based on property value.
- NO property tax.
- NO corporate income tax.
- NO capital gains tax.
Turks & Caicos
The average temperature ranges between 85 and 90 degrees (29-32 degrees Celsius) from June to October, sometimes reaching the mid 90’s (35 degrees Celsius), especially in the late summer months. From November to May the average temperature is 80 to 84 degrees (27-29 degrees Celsius). Water temperature in the summer is 82 to 84 degrees (28-29 degrees Celsius) and in winter about 74 to 78 degrees (23-26 degrees Celsius). A constant trade wind keeps the climate at a very comfortable level.
The official hurricane season for the Atlantic Basin (the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico) is from June 1st to November 30th.
Airlift to Providenciales is very good with regular direct, nonstop flights from Toronto, Miami and London UK.
- American Airlines has two daily flights from Miami, and one a day from Dallas on Saturdays.
- Delta offers Thursday, Friday and Saturday service from Atlanta, as well as Saturday only flights from Boston and New York.
- Air Canada has direct flights from Toronto everyday, except Tuesday and Thursday; and from Montreal on Sundays.
- JetBlue has daily flights from New York and Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Saturday service from Boston.
- United Airlines offers service from Newark, NY everyday except Tuesdays.
- Westjet has service from Toronto on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and a flight from Montreal on Fridays.
- British Airways provides service to London via Antigua on Sundays and Thursdays.
A valid passport is required in most instances by visitors. All visitors must have an onward or return ticket.
Citizens of the U.K, U.S., Canada and numerous other countries do not require a visa to enter TCI. For information on which countries citizens require visas when travelling to TCI please go to www.turksandcaicostourism.com.
Yes, US$35. In most cases, this tax is collected by the airline upon ticket purchase.
Villa del Mar is approximately a 15-minute drive away from the airport.
The resort is within a few minutes walk of a range of shops and amenities.
There are several high-end resorts, a championship golf course, grocery store plus a wide range of bars and excellent restaurants. Dive shops and water sports providers are also within walking distance of the resort.
The Turks & Caicos Islands use the US standard for electricity – 110-120 Volts (Same as U.S./Canada, most other areas are 220-240 Volts). Adapters may be required if your appliances are not made for North American use.
- Cell phone: Please consult your provider for roaming charges information as these can be very steep.
- ATM Card: Can be used at bank machines.
- Laptop: There are a lot of WiFi networks on the island – in bars, restaurants, and in hotels so you should be able to connect fairly easily.
- Driver’s License: Yes, you need a valid one to drive here but you don’t need a locally issued one if you are just visiting.
- Money: US Dollars are the accepted currency and MasterCard and Visa are widely accepted as are traveller’s cheques.
Turks & Caicos is known as one of the safest destinations in the Caribbean. While petty vandalism does take place on Providenciales, overall crime is comparable to North American cities. Our low crime rate continues to make Providenciales a desirable place to invest and visit.